Wednesday, November 12, 2014

So Thankful






I asked Chloe this week what she was so thankful for... she replied "unicorns and Santa Claus."  I didn't ask Yates, but I am pretty sure if he understood my question his response would be monster trucks, trains, food (corn and spaghetti) and football.

What am I thankful for?  I am thankful for two healthy, happy children.  I am thankful for my husband who provides more than I ever could have imagined for our little family.  I am thankful for a mother, Granny, who takes care of (me) and my children three days a week.  I am thankful for a father, Papa, who my children adore, and who continues to spoil me and my family.  I am thankful for an incredible church, a place where we can call home every Sunday.  I am thankful for a job that leaves me (exhausted) and satisfied at the end of the day.  I am thankful for friends who keep in touch and love me unconditionally.

I am also thankful for the moments in the grocery store where my children are screaming... because without those moments I wouldn't appreciate the time I get to shop by myself.  I am thankful for the hectic, busy weekdays - because without them I wouldn't appreciate the weekends and the time I get to spend with my family.  I am thankful for frozen chicken nuggets, fish sticks and boxed mac-n-cheese - because without them I wouldn't be able to get through most weekdays... and that you can buy them labeled "organic" and "all-natural" because it makes me feel better feeding my children.  I am thankful that I can provide for my children, give them love, a safe and happy home and warm food to eat - because I know all parents can't.  I am thankful for Chloe's strong-willed personality because it shows me she will be able to hold her own in this big and sometimes intimidating world.  I am thankful for Yates's ability to light up the room and make everyone smile because I know the world is a happier place with him in it.  I am thankful for a husband I can look up to, who has the best work ethic of anyone I know and always works hard at anything he does... because it makes me strive to be a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, and better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment