Sunday, July 5, 2015

Gone Fishing!
















 Hubby grew up hunting and fishing in the backwoods of the Florida/Alabama state line.  Once Chloe and Yates were old enough he wanted their first time to be with Granddaddy, his father - and doing the same as he did as a little boy, fishing from a pond in the backwoods of Florida.  I was so proud to see my little family carrying on a tradition that has been special to my husband for a long time.  The story is told that hubby was six weeks old on his first hunting trip, and while Yates hasn't been hunting with Daddy yet... I see many more fishing trips in our future.

My first fishing trip was with hubby, I was 23 years old and it was at this very same pond where our own children fished for the first time.  Without getting into too many specifics he almost sunk us by throwing the fish we caught in the back of the boat we were in, which flapped around and unplugged it.  There was a lot of screaming involved, which resulted in few fish caught (supposedly fish don't like loud noises, or so I learned that afternoon) but it was a memorable experience for this city girl (turned country girl).

I learned on my first fishing trip with hubby that it doesn't really count if you don't bait your own hook.  Chloe couldn't bear touching the crickets but she would bait the worms, and ended up catching her first fish!  Daddy's little girl sure does love her make-up and dress-up but she made us proud reeling in that little fish!

PS... Yes, my children may have fished in a Polo shirt, khakis and a Lilly Pulitzer dress but this city girl turned country girl can't let go of her up-bringing now can she, ya'll?

No comments:

Post a Comment