Thursday, April 3, 2014

Slow Down

Slow down.

I have to remind myself of this way too often.  I constantly feel as though there is something to be done, we have to get somewhere, to do something, hurry up… we’re going to be late, check it off the to-do list, run another errand.  If we aren’t busy then we aren’t being productive, and that means - gasp - we aren’t getting anything accomplished.  We have a daily routine - afternoon errands, start getting dinner ready at 5:30, bath time at 6:30, bedtime at 7:30.  But when spring comes around I lose track of time and our sacred schedule.  Rules are broken.  We play outside. Who cares if it’s past dinner time?  The sunshine is so warm, the laughter of my kids is too sweet, and the fresh air smells too good.  Those errands can wait, the laundry isn’t more important, dinner will be cooked eventually.  Spring reminds me that life is supposed to be fun.  Go outside.  Play.  Spend time as a family.  Enjoy....

Slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment