Wednesday, May 20, 2015

How I've Become a Photographer



























In high school I took one photography class, which I liked, but didn't have a great interest in.  Until recently, I never was the one to always remember my camera or take a lot of pictures during special events.  However, once my husband and I had kids, everything changed... for the better in so many different ways.

My hobbies changed, my priorities changed and the things that once didn't matter all of a sudden mattered the most.  Taking pictures became important to me.  To capture every special moment with my children we share together as a family.  From this new hobby new opportunities have arisen which I am incredibly grateful for.  Taking pictures for others is now just as enjoyable as taking pictures with my own children.  The people I have met, the families I have connected with have given me so much joy and a new passion in life.

Photography has become my creative outlet, my favorite past-time.  It is a way of feeling, of loving.  What you have captured is forever, and it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.  For the most part I am self-taught and I have enjoyed stumbling and finding my own way through taking and editing pictures.  Along with photography sessions and weddings booked in the future I look forward to sharing with you my journey as it continues capturing life's precious moments.

"Photography is an art of observation.  It has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

No comments:

Post a Comment