Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Baking with Batter and Love







If you read the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman you will find that people show and receive love in five different ways.  Out of the five ways, the way I show my love is through acts of service, unselfishly doing things for others.  One of my favorite things to do is to bake, and to spend an afternoon baking with my children.  On Mother's Day this year I couldn't have been happier baking with these two and enjoying the smells of a freshly baked banana bread fill the house.  Being in the kitchen is my happy place, it is my comfort, where I feel I belong baking for the ones I love.

Now that I have children baking is even sweeter since it is something I can share with them.  Chloe enjoys helping- pouring and mixing batter, and decorating cakes and cookies.  Yates would prefer to just eat whatever we bake but lately he's become a bit more interested in what we are doing in the kitchen.

There is something about always having freshly baked goodies out on the kitchen counter that makes each day a bit sweeter, smiles a bit brighter and days a bit happier.  Seeing my children happy is what makes me happy- and baking is a way for me to show them how deep my love is for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment