Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Big, Baby Boy


You are almost 20 months, and while I have thought lately about how much fun you are at this age and how much personality you have grown into, I also have been sad because you are growing up too fast.

You call Chloe "ya-ya" ... and I find it absolutely adorable that you came up with your own nickname for your big sister.  You are becoming more confident about the big world around you and love, love, love to socialize.  You say "hi" to almost anyone who gives you eye contact- at the grocery store, at church, at the park, at Daddy's football games - anywhere.  You even flirt with the librarian at the library.  You are so good with people and they instantly gravitate to you.  You have a very special ability to make everyone around you smile, giggle and want to talk to you.  You still won't eat a sandwich, won't even put it in your mouth to taste.  Oh the day you finally take a bite out of a pb&j... you'll never go back.  You think corn on the cob is better than cookies or cake and make "mmmmm" sounds when you eat it.  You are asserting your own independence but are very tenderhearted and will get so upset if I even raise my voice at you.  You still love your blue blanket - the one you received when you were baptized at the same church Mama and Dada were married, Mama was baptized, your Granny and Papa were married, and your Papa was baptized.  So to see you twirl it in your fingers makes me happy - really, really happy.  When I put you to bed you always ask me to "rock-rock" you in your rocking chair and we snuggle while we say prayers, just the two of us.  I look forward to this every day.

Just recently when I tell you "I love you", you say "love" back... in a raspy, deep voice as if you know exactly what it means and you love me too - very, very much.


I am so in love with you, my big, baby boy.  You have stolen my heart and will have it forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment