Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall Ya'll









I'm usually one to wish summer would never end... 

but this year I'm ready for the crisp air fall morning and nights bring, good mountain apples baked into an apple pie and snuggles on the couch with my little pumpkins.

Fall is the busiest time of year for our little family- with Daddy's football season lasting from summer to winter, in the past our fall months have been a blur.  This year I have a list of things I want to do, and I hope we as a family can accomplish all of them so the warmer months before winter aren't forgotten.

1 // Apple picking.  Apples are my absolute favorite fruit (and quite possibly maybe my favorite food), I have never loved anything more than a fresh Honeycrisp apple in season.

2 // Picking a pumpkin from a pumpkin patch... of course.  But you'd be surprised how hard it is for us to find a free weekend in October to do this as a family.

3 // Baking a fresh apple pie with Chloe from the apples we pick as a family.  And watching Yates eat it, with a side of ice cream.

4 // Making smores.  Outside, with friends.

5 // Seeing the leaves change around our mountain house.  It's hard for us to get up there while Daddy has a game every Friday night, and works every Sunday but I need to see the leaves change.  The beauty of the mountains during the fall soothes me.

6 // Also baking pumpkin muffins for our neighbors and making butternut squash soup.

7 // Keeping up our garden.  I know it's a bit late to plant kale and carrots but I'd love to enjoy them through the fall months.  We still have handfuls of tomatoes coming in, with bell and banana peppers everyday.  Going outside to pick fresh vegetables to eat for dinner every  night gives me so much joy... and I'd love chickens with fresh eggs next...

8 // Date night with hubby.  Seeing that football season means that I don't see my husband, and when I do he's stressed, anxious or worried - I love when I get a night alone with him... relaxed and all to myself.

9 // Family pictures.  I know, I know, I take pictures all the time.  But never of the four of us... all together.  Sometimes I wish time would stand still, and pictures are a way for me to do that, which is why I take so many.  We have never had pictures professionally taken by someone else since before Yates was born.

10 // A fire in our fireplace, on a crisp fall night, with my husband after the kids are asleep.  This could count as date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment