Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Recap

A few things to note from this weekend:

1. I didn't get to take many pictures.  It was a busy, busy, busy weekend.  But a really, really, really good one.  In fact, most of these pictures weren't even taken by me (thanks hubby and Papa).





2. We spent Saturday and Sunday at two different parks and the weather was perfect.  Saturday we rode a merry-go-round - which Chloe was terrified of and made Daddy cheat and sit on one of the seats.  Yates let me hold him while he rode one of the horses and giggled the entire time.  Mama got dizzy - and I realized I don't do merry-go-rounds.  Chloe, we'll go find ice cream instead next time.

3. We rode a train (at the park).  Yates was terrified, and hated the tunnels - Chloe loved every minute of it.  Go figure.



4. Chloe had her first dance recital Saturday night.  The recital was themed "Disneymania," so the backdrop on stage was a castle - during the dress rehearsal Chloe insisted it was "Chloe's castle."  She did such a great job, and after she finished her performance I was waiting for her on the other end of the stage.  She ran into my arms yelling, "Mama, I did it!"  I swear my heart melted on the floor right then and there.



5. Sunday we spent time with Granny and Papa walking around downtown Charlotte.  Of course Papa bought Chloe and Yates ice cream and they both licked every bit of it up.

6. We stopped at the park and danced to live music.  Or Yates danced, and we watched.  That boy's got some rhythm.

7. Yates gives the best kisses.  He smacks his lips to let you know he's ready and then he's in for the kill.  Usually there's a bit of tongue - and sometimes, if you aren't careful, teeth action.  The juiciest kisses ever.

8. Chloe has started to call me "Mommy" instead of "Mama."  I'm not sure how I feel about this.






No comments:

Post a Comment