Friday, May 30, 2014

Favorite Photo Friday





I turned thirty this week.  In some ways I feel older, more comfortable with who I am and what I believe.  In other ways I feel like I am still trying to figure things out and striving to become a better mother, wife, daughter and friend.  Some things I know for sure, and have learned in my thirty years:

1. Family is most important.

2. Being a mother is the hardest but most rewarding job ever.  Children teach you more about yourself and life than you ever could imagine.

3. A good foundation and lipstick is everything.

4. Pray everyday.

5. It's okay to eat dessert first, just eat your vegetables too.

6. Don't try to please everyone.  Stand up for what you believe in and people will respect you.

7. Love yourself.  Love yourself when you make mistakes, when you achieve your goals, when you have bad hair days, and when your clothes fit too tight. 

8. Fresh air solves a lot of problems.  So does a nice, long walk.

9. Forgive yourself for your faults but learn from your mistakes.

10. Having self-confidence is more attractive than good looks.

11. Be optimistic, it's a much happier way to live.

12. Know how to make at least one really good meal, one that people request and remember you for.

13. It's okay to daydream.  If you can dream it, you can do it.

14. A new pair of shoes can give you all the confidence you need.

15. Be a hard-worker in everything that you do, that way you'll have no regrets.

1 comment:

  1. Love this list and you! Hope your birthday was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete