Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bedtime Prayers








Now I lay me, down to sleep…

Saying bedtime prayers with Chloe is the most important part of my day.  Teaching her to be still and thank God for everyone in her life is a job I take seriously as her mother.  She knows our prayer almost by heart, and I love to hear her little voice echo me when we say it every night.

Our bedtime routine is a bit unconventional, we co-sleep with Chloe and have ever since she was born.  It is something that works for us and I wouldn’t want it any other way.  She can sleep in her own bed, and does from time to time, but neither she nor her Daddy or I prefer it that way.  This means we usually say prayers together, in bed as a family before we go to sleep.  It is one of the most intimate things we do and it makes the time we spend in prayer that much more special.


Watching Chloe say her prayers with the sweetness in her voice and the sparkle in her eyes fills my heart to the brim with joy – and it gives me peace every night knowing that we have had a moment during the busy, chaotic day to stop and thank God for all of his blessings together as a family.

2 comments:

  1. SO sweet! Love this post!
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! We co-sleep too. John semi-joked that we will need a california king sized bed if we have any more kids. Although, now that Ellington is older, she sleeps most of the night in her own bed and shows up in our bed sometime in the early morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete